Thank you for showing interest in our preschool.
Kids R Kids Clayton is a locally owned and operated NC 5 Star licensed preschool, owned by Tara and Greg Abernathy. We have been a part of the Kids R Kids family since 1999, when we enrolled our son at the Kids R Kids in Cary NC. He completed the preschool program and continued in the Before and After School program. We were so impressed with the Kids R Kids philosophy that we joined the Kids R Kids family as Owner/Operators in 2004. We opened Kids R Kids of Clayton on December 12, 2005. As any of our current parents can confirm, Tara is actively involved in the day to day operations of the school. We are very proud to provide the most innovative facilities and effective educational programs for children 6 weeks through 12 years of age.
Our sincere love for children and str ong belief that they should have a solid foundation, in combination with Kids `R` Kids, the absolute leader in the early childhood education industry, make the perfect choice for your family`s child care and education needs.
Why should you enroll at our preschool? Consider some of these advantages we hold over our competitors:
We are driven by Continuous Improvement: We are constantly reviewing our work processes, methods, and management practices that will translate to providing our children with the best learning opportunities available. We take the time to listen to our parents` needs and suggestions; we recognize the Voice of the Customer concept of customer service through our Annual Parents Survey.
- We are conveniently located on US70 in Clayton. We purposely chose this location along the main traffic artery into Raleigh and RTP. Families who live in the Glen Laurel, Flowers Plantation, and Riverwood neighborhoods can avoid the traffic along Highway 42 and US70 through Clayton by taking Covered Bridge Road to Shotwell Road. We`re on US70 just half a mile beyond Shotwell Road.
- We have extended business hours from 6:30 am - 6:30 pm for parents who have challenging work hours or extended transit times.
- We understand the challenges most parents face when the school systems close due to inclement weather yet have a job that requires them to come to work. You need child care, period! We pride ourselves as being one of the few child care facilities that pushes the envelope and stays open for parents who must push the envelope for their jobs. We have a remarkable staff who understand this and make the sacrifice to enable us to open for business when others are closed. We and our directors all own vehicles equipped with 4WD making them capable of driving through winter weather so we can safely travel to our preschool as well as provide shuttle service for any of our teachers who need it. If your current child care center is not open, we also welcome parents needing drop in child care service!
- Our curriculum is developed by professional educators from our corporate office. The vast majority of child care facilities require their teachers to develop the curriculum. That is time taken away from care of your child!
- Our school front door entrance is keypad-secured so that only parents and others approved by parents are able to enter our school. Your child`s safety is of utmost concern.
- Our Kids Cafe is unique to our industry! It is a dedicated cafe for children to eat freshly prepared meals from our full service kitchen. We have age-appropriate sized tables and chairs for the various age groups. Children learn table etiquette and become accustomed to leaving the classroom to eat their meals in a cafeteria; a skill they will need once they enter elementary school.
- Meals and snacks are included in our tuition. Many other centers require you to bring your own food.
- For children with food allergies, we have developed an ingenious system to carefully manage your child`s meals.
- We have four age-appropriate playgrounds so that children are playing with kids their own age on equipment that is best suited for their age. Our playgrounds also serve as a learning environment with enrichments that stimulate development and outdoor experiences including gardens, games, and the benefits of natural areas.
- When your child enters elementary school, enroll in our Before & After School program! Elementary school programs are considerably shorter than parent`s workday (don`t forget about transit time!). We have three 14 passenger school buses with seat belts that we use to transport children to and from local elementary schools. This enables you to continue to drop off and pick up your child at times that are convenient to your workday.
- Most Before and After School programs force children into shared space with other programs. We have a large 2500 square foot room dedicated to the Before and After School program. They also enjoy the largest of our playgrounds, which includes a basketball court and soccer area. We also separate children in age groups since 6 year old can have different interests and conversations than that of an 11 year old child.
- Our Kindergarten program features a maximum 1:15 teacher to student ratio. For comparison, Wake County Public Schools Kindergarten ratios are at 1:21.5; Johnston County Public Schools ratios are 1:18.
At Kids R Kids Clayton we share a common desire with parents, which is to provide the absolute best for the children. Our high quality teachers, creative and fun educational programs and of course our state of the art facility make us stand high above our competitors.
Please browse through our website and if you have any additional questions feel free to contact us.
We love children and are dedicated to making our school a great success. Our door is always open for parents to come and discuss their needs, ask questions, give suggestions and comments. We encourage you to come take a tour and meet the staff. We are confident that you will agree our school is the best environment for your child!
We look forward to meeting you soon.
Thank you again.
Tara and Greg Abernathy