As your child rises to Kindergarten, the choice is clear; Kids R Kids Clayton is here! Jump to our Testimonials webpage to see the many compliments our current parents have to say about our Kindergarten program!
We are very proud of our three Kindergarten teachers; Lisa, Mary, and Jessica. Lisa has been recognized by Johnston County Partnership for Children's "Teacher of the Year" award.
Our Private Kindergarten program is enriched with a standards-based curriculum, wonderful learning stations, and an abundance of creative learning activities students will enjoy. It is based on national and state standards with weekly units comprised of academic lessons and literature-based activities. Our program's goal is to meet the needs of each student while implementing positive learning strategies.
Your child will greatly benefit from significantly lower teacher/student ratios than local public schools.
The Kids 'R' Kids Clayton Kindergarten curriculum was designed for continuous educational growth. Our Kindergarten program was designed with six academic categories: social studies, science, language and literacy, mathematics, character development, and creative expression. Independent and small group activities develop and reinforce student understanding of the subject material. These activities also build independent and cooperative learning skills.
- Literacy Activities help children build their language skills.
- Mathematics Activities develop children's understanding of number concepts as well as beginning arithmetic and problem-solving skills.
- Small Group Discovery provides daily enrichments and station enhancement activities.
- Art Station presents free-choice art opportunities.
- Construction Station develops spatial awareness through stacking, sorting, building, and recreating.
- Dramatic Play Station encourages individual and group role play activities with realistic and imaginary props.
- Library Station promotes independent reading and a love of books.
- Sensory Station allows children to experiment with a variety of materials.
Kids 'R' Kids Clayton believes establishing a positive learning environment where children are “hugged first, then taught” will help them reach their potential and develop a love for learning.